Salary £24-27,000 FT
- Part time applicants considered
- Hybrid working model, mainly home working with at least one day a week in the office in Barnoldswick, Lancashire
- Some travel is required, access to a car and full driving licence is essential
The Evaluator is a fast-growing evaluation consultancy founded in 2017 by Kirsty Rose Parker. Helping charities and not for profit organisations to demonstrate the impact of their work creatively and visually. The Evaluator uses the tagline “We’ll figure it out for you”.
We are often ‘measuring the unmeasurable’ and fixing problems on a day-to-day basis. The tasks included in this work range from data capture, face to face consultations, telephone calls, research, analysis, report writing, visual data creation, presenting information and creative problem solving. We work at a range of levels including strategically and operationally.
As the business is growing fast, we need another two evaluators, and are willing to consider full and part time applicants. We are particularly keen to recruit a ‘people-person’ who loves chatting to people and helping people to tell their stories. We are prepared to train the right applicants; you do not need to have worked as an evaluator previously. We think personality and skills matter more than experience in this role.
We want someone who:
- Is comfortable talking to a wide range of people and skilled at helping people feel comfortable and getting the best from conversations
- A great listener who can nurture people and groups to express themselves
- Is a brilliant report writer
- Has an eye for detail, as attention to detail matters in this role
- Can interpret data and read spreadsheets, tables and graphs
- Is passionate about solving problems and making the world better
- Is honest, reliable, punctual, willing to learn and enthusiastic.
- A maths or economics qualification
- Customer service experience
- Evaluation experience
- Social return on investment experience
- Business development or sales experience
- Project Management experience
- Some experience of the charity/ not for profit/ public sector
In return; The Evaluator can offer an exciting and dynamic work opportunity where every day is different, and we are often making a difference to people’s lives. This is work that means something. Current projects include conservation, heritage building work, opportunities for Deaf and disabled people in the music industry, exploring how wellbeing and nature interact, measuring the impact of long-term arts projects, national festivals and working with long term unemployed and some offenders.
We are looking for someone who is happy to work from home for the time being, able to travel to East Lancashire once a week for one office day, happy to travel around as part of the work undertaken. Our clients are all over the UK, although travel is not a regular occurrence. Very occasional evening working and weekend working may be required with notice.
We are currently offering these roles as full time, but are happy to consider part time roles for the right people.
How to apply
To apply; please send a two-page summary addressing the skills we are after and a succinct CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Wednesday 18th May 2022. We may close this opportunity sooner if sufficient applications are received. We will invite those shortlisted to an interview and this will include a task to complete.
We welcome applications from disabled individuals and can make reasonable adjustments to the interview process if required, please ask. We also welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds, although applicants must be located in the UK and have a right to work in the UK.